Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Skinny Puppy's Ogre interviewed by Abby Martin on Animal Enterprise Terrorism, Industrial Roots, Performance Gore, Gitmo Torture, and More

This is by far one of the best Industrial musician interviews I have ever seen. Bravo, Abby Martin for your knowledge of Skinny Puppy, their history, and for your ability to ask thought provoking and important questions. The level of focus on radicalism and early industrial norm-pushing and roots made me all warm and fuzzy inside. Abby Martin interviews Ogre here on a variety of topics and Ogre's answers reminded me of why I am proud to have an early Skinny Puppy symbol tattooed on my back.

Check it out.



More about Skinny Puppy billing the Pentagon for use of their music to torture gitmo prisoners.

1 comment:

  1. I really wish someone would confront Skinny Puppy with the question of why they decided against making Weapon the torture-based conceptual album that Ogre describes in this interview. It's a great album, but it feels like they ultimately went with something more accessible and marketable to the Metropolis Records audience.

    ReplyDelete